Saturday, August 4, 2012

August Sharing Time Week 1

Okay, so, I'm still feeling a little icky after my weeklong bout with laryngitis, but it's my week to teach gospel instruction.  
I found this great idea at Little LDS Ideas and I'm so doing it.  I am not going to use real shoes, but rather pictures of shoes taped on paper sacks.  I think it would be gross to stick a hand into some of the shoes at my house.  :)  I am going to try to find a downloadable copy of the video clip mentioned in the lesson about Gordon B Hinckley's story.  
Also, before they head out for the day, I found some coins at the dollar store, so I will be giving each child a coin and asking them to secretly do something kind for a friend and to leave the coin behind.
On a side note, I love this lesson.  Our world is getting to be such an ugly, hard place and I am grateful for the opportunity to teach these kiddos how to make it better.
Here's the video clip.
Enjoy, and good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment