Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Baptisms

I just got a phone call that warmed my heart right up and I want to share. 
When you're a woman without children, there are things that you miss out on.
You don't get to be there for their first steps.
You don't hear the first words.
You're not the mom.
So, you feel unimportant.
Today, Primary has changed that.
We have a baptism on Saturday.  For those of you that are not LDS, when LDS children are 8 years old, they are considered old enough to make their own decision.  So, instead of forcing baptism on them as babies, they have a choice.  Typically, most choose baptism.
Anyhow, we have one of these events on Saturday.
I was feeling sad because I will never get to be the mom.
However, I got a phone call today from this sweet, kind little 8 year old girl.
She wants me to play the piano for her baptism.
I was going to attend anyways, because I consider the Primary kids to be MY kids.
But to know that someone thinks enough of me that they want me to be a part of it warms my heart.
So, thank you, sweet girl.
You have made me feel 100% better.

No comments:

Post a Comment